Monday, August 06, 2007

Symbolic artestry...


I have always been one for symbolism.
Even at a young age I was speaking figuratively.
I was creative and artsy and I always took a liking to beautiful things.

I have been wanting to get a new tattoo for quite some time now.
After a lot of planning I decided to do an add on to an existing piece that I have on my back......the pic above is basically the existing design but not colored in, and is written in a different font.

I have met a fantastically talented artist named Beth, and she has done me the pleasure of designing 2 beautiful, innocent looking mermaids to be swimming around this existing symbol.

I also decided to have them colored in and surrounded by beautiful bubbles, scattered between them in all different sizes.I cant wait to show you!!

I have the outline of the "girls" done and I know already that this back piece is going to be a work of art that will remind me who I am and what I'm rooted in, for the rest of my life.
I am "water girl" through and through. The power of an ocean is that of my personality and of my feelings. No one can go through life without water....and I am no exception.

When I was young we had a pool....
I don't think I ever left that water unless I was practically dragged out.
I remember going under the water and spinning around in the deep end...never wanting to have to come up for air....I wished I never had to see the dry land again. It was like a fantasy... like some kind of wonderful escape where "real life" and its harsh reality's didn't exist. The only thing that did was the feeling of being in that water and the muffled sounds from above.

But I had to come up for air at some point. Much as I do in life.
You simply can't submerse yourself forever. You have to surface at some point and let everyone know your still here, still breathing.

This tattoo is a part of me already and all I am really doing is putting a piece of my insides onto my outside for all the world to see.

I hope you think its as beautiful as I do....




TO BE CONTINUED.....

1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT post Gail! I can't WAIT to see the finished product!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home